23 June 2022
Cree LED unveils latest LED innovations at LightFair
At LightFair 2022 in Las Vegas (21-23 June), Cree LED Inc of Durham, NC, USA (a company of SMART Global Holdings of Milpitas, CA) has debuted its XLamp Element G (XE-G) LEDs (launched in early June), which are claimed to deliver a new performance class with unmatched light output and efficiency in a small form factor.
The XE-G LED family of products was also recognized by EdisonReport as a ‘LightFair Top 10 MUST SEE’ product. The new products were part of two demonstrations at the event highlighting the performance advantages for color mixing applications: one optimized for outdoor architectural lighting and the other optimized to deliver very high color-rendering index (CRI) across a wide range of 1800-7500K correlated color temperature (CCT) for indoor lighting.
Additional LED innovations on display included:
- Color-tunable projector: featuring the new XLamp XM-L Color Gen 2 High Intensity LED, demonstrating extremely tight LED die spacing that delivers optimum color mixing for directional color-changing lighting.
- Photophyll Select: the first LED color fully optimized for horticulture, designed to replace the white LEDs common in two-channel white + red horticulture luminaires. Cree LED’s full-spectrum luminaire design featuring this new color delivers efficiency up to 3.25PPF/W.
- Precision dimming: a simplified approach to address unacceptable variations in LED light output and hue when using low-current dimming.
- Circadian Stimulus (CS): J Series 2835 Color LEDs featured in different scenarios demonstrate CS, considered to be the best new metric for measuring the effects of light on the melatonin content in a person’s body, which affects alertness.
- XLamp XD16 Premium White LEDs and XLamp CHA family LEDs: recent product launches.
- XLamp XP-G3 S Line LEDs: Leading efficacy for outdoor lighting and J Series 5050 K Class LEDs for industrial lighting.