25 June 2020
EPC presenting at ‘virtual’ PCIM Europe 2020
At the ‘virtual’ PCIM Europe 2020 Digital Days (7–8 July), Efficient Power Conversion Corp (EPC) of El Segundo, CA, USA – which makes enhancement-mode gallium nitride on silicon (eGaN) power field-effect transistors (FETs) for power management applications – is delivering three technical presentations and participating in two panel discussions on gallium nitride technology and applications.
In addition, the firm is participating in the event’s virtual exhibit, showing its latest eGaN FETs and ICs in customers’ end products that are rapidly adopting eGaN technology.
In the virtual exhibit, EPC experts will be available to discuss eGaN devices in several applications including: high-performance 48V DC-DC power conversion for advanced computing and automotive applications; high-power nanosecond pulsed laser drivers for light detection and ranging (LiDAR) used in autonomous vehicles; and precision motor drives for robotics and drones.
Technical presentations and panels featuring eGaN FETs and ICs by EPC include the following:
- 8 July (11:05am CET) - Stream 1: Si and GaN Integration, ‘A Low Voltage BLDC Motor Drive Inverter Using a Monolithic GaN ePower Stage’, by Michael de Rooij Ph.D., Brandon Perez, Yuanzhe Zhang, Henry Qiu.
- 7–8 July - Poster/Dialogue Sessions (PP140), ‘GaN FET-Based Ultra-Thin DC-DC Step-Down Converter’, by Jianjing Wang, Yuanzhe Zhang, Michael de Rooij.
- 7–8 July - Poster/Dialogue Sessions (PP144), ‘300 W 48V-12V Digitally Controlled 1/16 Brick DC-DC Converter Using GaN FETs’, Yuanzhe Zhang, Michael de Rooij.
- 7 July (12pm CET) - Panel Session ‘Power GaN: Past – Present – Future’, speaker: Alex Lidow.
- 8 July (12:45pm CET) - Panel Session ‘GaN Devices – the Game Changer’, speaker: Alex Lidow.