8 January 2020
Qorvo launches complete V2X front-end, including first Band 47/Wi-Fi BAW coexistence filter
Qorvo Inc of Greensboro, NC, USA (which provides core technologies and RF solutions for mobile, infrastructure and defense applications) has introduced a full suite of products to enable a reliable vehicle-to-everything (V2X) link in the telematics control unit (TCU) and antenna. The product suite provides a readily available solution for V2X communications as 286 million connected passenger cars are forecast to be added globally from 2019 to 2025.
V2X is an umbrella term for vehicle technology that allows the car to communicate with the environment around it, where information from sensors and other sources travels via low-latency, high-reliability links, paving the way to fully autonomous driving. There are several components of V2X, including vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I), vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P) and vehicle-to-network (V2N) communications.
The Qorvo V2X suite includes what is claimed to be the first Band 47/Wi-Fi bulk acoustic wave (BAW) coexistence filter, which enables Wi-Fi coexistence with the V2X 5.9GHz band (critical to establishing reliable links between vehicles and their surroundings). It also includes two integrated front-end modules (FEMs) that support C-V2X and DSRC systems, a digital step attenuator, transmit/receive switch and low-noise amplifier (LNA).
“Qorvo is the only company to offer a chipset-agnostic solution to enable a robust V2X link with adequate transmit linear power and best receive performance in the presence of Wi-Fi,” claims Gorden Cook, general manager of Qorvo’s Transport business unit. “Qorvo’s new BAW filter, the QPQ2200Q, is an important part of the system line-up in autonomous cars, where Wi-Fi and V2X will coexist,” he adds.
The following products in Qorvo’s V2X suite are sampling to qualified customers:
- QPF1002Q front-end module designed and optimized to support C-V2X systems (integrating PA, LNA and switching in a compact 5.0mm x 4.0mm package);
- QPF1003Q front-end module designed and optimized to support C-V2X and DSRC/11p systems (integrating PA, LNA and switching in a compact 5.0mm x 4.0mm package);
- QPQ2200Q Band 47 V2X/Wi-Fi BAW coexistence filter (which has excellent out-of-band attenuation in the Wi-Fi UNII-3 band, prevents Wi-Fi interference in the V2X 5.9GHz band, and enables reliable V2X links for autonomous driving, all in a compact 1.1mm x 0.9mm package);
- QPC6713Q 7-bit, 0.25dB digital step attenuator (enabling the fine power control necessary for compensator applications);
- QPC8019Q (featuring the fast transmit/receive switching necessary for V2X systems); and
- QPF4554Q LNA (featuring 13dB gain and 1.7dB noise figure at 5.9GHz in a 2.3mm x 2.3mm package).
Qorvo offers a broad portfolio of automotive V2X, Wi-Fi, SDARS and LTE solutions, and supports both C-V2X and DSRC protocols. These solutions are developed in close alignment with multiple chipsets in use by leading module makers and are designed to support long automotive lifecycles. In addition to meeting ISO/TS 16949 certification, Qorvo performs AEC-Q100 and AEC-Q200 testing to ensure that products meet stringent automotive industry requirements.