12 March 2018
Luxtera demos silicon photonics at OFC
© Semiconductor Today Magazine / Juno PublishiPicture: Disco’s DAL7440 KABRA laser saw.
At the Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC 2018) in San Diego (13-15 March), fabless silicon photonics firm Luxtera of Carlsbad, CA, USA is featuring its latest advances in 100G/λ technology, PAM4 signaling, extended reach, increased operating temperature range, liquid immersion cooling, increased density, and photonic integration.
Demonstrations in booth #2701 and Corporate Village Room #6609 include:
- IEEE802.3bs-compliant 400G-DR4 technology platform demonstrating increased throughput and performance in Luxtera’s next-generation products;
- 30km, 50G-PAM4 single-lambda QSFP link demonstrating Luxtera’s extended-reach capabilities with PAM4 (4-level pulse amplitude modulation) signaling over duplex fiber;
- 4x25G-LR QSFP28 modules running error-free at industrial temperature extremes (-40°C and +85°C) over 10km of single-mode fiber (SMF) demonstrating increased operating temperature range and extended reach;
- 100G-PSM4 QSFP28 module running error-free while fully immersed in liquid immersion coolant demonstrating why Luxtera silicon photonics transceivers are suitable for liquid immersion applications;
- production 3.2Tb 0.5RU (rack unit) switch with 32 x 100G-PSM4 ports using Luxtera’s 2x100G-PSM4 embedded optical module demonstrating Luxtera’s higher-density products;
- the evolution of optics: an example high-density integrated photonics+ASIC switch demonstration; and
- photonics wafers from the latest TSMC 300mm CMOS wafer foundry process demonstrating Luxtera’s new technology platform.
“These innovations will further expand our product portfolio to address the growing demands of our data-center and mobile infrastructure customers,” says VP of marketing Ron Horan.