1 September 2017
AES launches compact fully automatic SEMI-GAS Centurion Mini Source System for low-volume gas applications
Applied Energy Systems (AES) of Malvern, PA, USA – which provides high- and ultra-high-purity gas delivery systems, services and solutions (including design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and field service) – has launched its Centurion Fully Automatic Mini Source System to support low-volume gas applications. The SEMI S2-compliant system combines SEMI-GAS’ ultra-high-purity standard Centurion gas source manifold and GigaGuard CDM400 controller to safely and precisely deliver gases from small, lecture bottle sized cylinders.
Key design features of the system include:
- A compact, wall-mounted design that mimics the performance and precision of a full-sized Centurion Source System.
- A GigaGuard CDM400 Controller with a 4.3” color touchscreen, powered by a Siemens S7-1200 Series CPU to enable automatic purging sequences and ensure the system’s safe and intuitive operation. The CDM400 is configurable for either four or eight analog inputs and can control up to 12 solenoid valves.
- Red, yellow and green front-mounted LED lights and a high-performance audible alarm to indicate system status, as well as a front-mounted pneumatic Emergency Off (EMO) button.
- Transducer-based pressure monitoring and an Excess Flow Switch with user-specified set-points to trigger an automatic system shutdown during undesirable system conditions.
- A Magnahelic and Switch Exhaust Monitor to indicate air and exhaust pressure differentials.
- Z-Purge optional upgrade for Class I Division II compliance.
While the system can be tailored for array of gases and UHP application requirements, AES initially developed the 1-Cylinder Mini Source System to support a customer’s mixed-signal, connectivity and embedded systems R&D. The complete turnkey solution for ammonia included AES’ Applied Services equipment installation; confirmation of system conditions, facility connections, component and EMO function; set up of automated purge routines; validation documentation; and operator training by AES field service experts.
“We strive to be a value-add partner for our customers, from system design to system installation, and the Centurion Mini Source System is another example of how our expertise can be leveraged from end to end,” says AES’ general manager Jim Murphy. “Not only did we help our semiconductor customer solve a specific delivery challenge– built upon our proven, premier SEMI-GAS products – but our Applied Services team also helped them get their system up and running quickly, minimizing their process downtime and avoiding costly delays.”