1 August 2017
AES showcases SEMI-GAS fully automatic valve manifold box for dichlorosilane
Applied Energy Systems (AES) of Malvern, PA, USA – which provides high- and ultra-high-purity gas delivery systems, services and solutions (including design, manufacturing, testing, installation, and field service) – is showcasing its new SEMI-GAS Nanoturion Valve Manifold Box for Dichlorosilane (DCS) to support semiconductor process equipment manufacturing and related applications.
The Fully Automatic system includes manifold heat tracing and a standalone wall-mounted heater controller to enable multi-zone heat capabilities for stabilizing the high flow rates and delivery pressures required for vaporizing and delivering DCS. The inlet header and various stick zones are independently controlled to support separate process, tool or experiment gas supplies.
The specialized Nanoturion valve manifold box is equipped with a GigaGuard GSM Fully Automatic Controller, which includes a color touchscreen interface for intuitive operator control and the ability to automate sequences for streamlined operations and maintenance. The controller features Ethernet communications, exhaust pressure monitoring, and user-configured set limits, warnings, and alarms.
Additional design highlights include:
- ultra-high-purity 316L SS components orbitally welded and assembled in a Class 100 cleanroom;
- a SEMI S2-certified design and helium leak testing system validation to 1.0 x 10-9atm-cm3/sec;
- a fully loaded stick design in an 8-line configuration with 8 process gas sticks populated;
- fully automatic purge capability via automated sequences set from the GSM controller; and
- multiple safety features to support toxic gas delivery requirements, including a UV/IR pyrophoric gas detector, an EMO (emergency off) button for manual shutdown, and optional Z-Purge kit for Class I, Division II applications.
“We realized that, given the proliferation of dichlorosilane as one of the most widely-used specialty gases in semiconductor fabs, a system tailored specifically to DCS handling requirements was needed,” says AES general manager Jim Murphy. “This Nanoturion Fully Automatic Valve Manifold Box is tailored to uphold the highest standards of safety while also giving operators programmable and independent control to supply DCS to different processes – enabling the flexibility that supports rapid innovation,” he adds.